Cats and Dogs being Skinned ALIVE!

Recently while researching a project, I came across a very disturbing video on the faux fur industry in China. I felt it was important to share this with other animal lovers to make them aware of what the faux fur could be that is on garments these days. These cats and dogs live a life of unimaginable cruelty, only to be skinned alive and turned into gloves, coats, hats or fur trim. Their skins are also used in the production of drums and other musical instruments. This video is extremely difficult to watch and just heart wrenching! I had to force myself to look at it, but had to often turn away unable to bear the horror of what I was seeing. As long as I live, I shall never forget, the face of the poor raccoon dog that was still alive at the end of the video despite the horrific cruelty that it had just endured. That frame will haunt me until the day I die. Even if you cannot bear to watch the video, please visit the sites and educate yourselves before doing your winter shopping this year. I know many of you that read my blog are animal lovers and I know you would not willingly want to contribute to such a barbaric industry. You can watch the video and get more information at:

http://www.animal-protection.net/

For further reading visit:

http://www.caft.org.uk/factsheets/cats-and-dogs.html

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Now I’m going to go and hug my babies and thank God that I don’t live in China!

All My Best,
Suzy

No comments: