One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

My Father

So much has happened since my last post. My father was in the hospital after losing a considerable amount of weight in a very short time. They discovered some minor problems, and started him on some medication. He is feeling much better now and has regained some of the weight he lost. I was very scared that he might have cancer, and was so relieved when the biopsies came back benign. I wish he lived closer to us so we could watch over him, but he is set in his ways and doesn't want to move. He has been so supportive of me during my illnesses, and through my long journey with Noodle and I want to take this opportunity to thank him for being there for me, and wish him a very Happy Fathers Day!

Noodle continues to respond well to his holistic treatments, but he had a bit of a setback after our trip to Kentucky. Traveling with five cats is always an adventure, but they did real well on the trip. Noodle however slipped out of his onesie and really gnawed at his wounds. How he did this without making a peep is beyond me, as his kennel was right next to me. I don't know if they were itching or if he was stressed out from the trip, but he did one heck of a job on himself. He was pretty sore for about a week, especially while I cleaned and dressed the area. It really set things back, and I desperately searched the web to see if I could find something to speed up the healing. I discovered a product called Dy's Liquid Bandage which looked promising and I went ahead and ordered some. I'm so glad that I did because it is working like magic. He had three small areas about the size of a nickel that he opened up on the trip and after just a week of using Dy's Liquid Bandage they are about 50% healed. At first I tried using it alone on the wounds, but it does not relieve pain, so Noodle was rather uncomfortable. Now I apply a layer of the salve I made up for him, and then the Dy's Liquid Bandage over that. It is working well that way, and I am very hopeful that this will all be behind him by the end of the year. He will be in his hat until he heals completely to avoid any more setbacks. The little devil, bolted out the door on my husband again. Poor guy was just beside himself when he came in to tell me. I went out and called Noodle and he came right to me. It was all fun and games to him and he was quite proud of himself. You can always tell when Noodle is feeling better as he wants to go outside and play.

Katie and Max have taken to chasing each other around the house at night and I imagine when Noodle is well that he will be joining them in their fun. Good thing I'm a night owl. Misty and Reggie had been spending more time in the house since we returned from Kentucky. They both come in and greet the babies with gentle head nudges. They really seem to have bonded on the trip.

I discovered a site awhile back that I want to share with you that has been a very big help to me. It has a lot of folk remedies on it that work very well, and I also found out about the Dy's liquid Bandage there. Given the state of the economy and the rising cost of healthcare, we could all use a little help in saving money! I hope that it will help you as much as it has me. Have a look at http://www.earthclinic.com/

Thanks for checking in on us and Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there! I hope your day is very special!

Suzy & The Babies

No comments: