Update On Noodle 3/30/2008

Very early Wednesday morning, I discovered that our cat Misty was quite ill. She was unable to walk or stand and had her head tipped to one side, and was acting dazed and confused. At first I could not examine her because she did not seem to recognize me and was hissing and growling every time I approached her. I had a clean paint stick nearby, and I began gently stroking her with it to try and calm her down and determine if she was injured in some way. I was afraid that she had been bitten by a snake or hit by a car. I had no idea how I was going to get her into the kennel to take her to the vet! Then I remembered that I had a calming spray called NaturVet Quiet Moments. I put her bed in the kennel and sprayed all around it and waited for it to dry, then gently coaxed her into it with the paint stick. All I can say is it was a miracle! Normally, she would go berserk, but she settled right in! By the time we got to the vet, she was in quite the friendly mood! Dr. Skandera couldn’t believe it! Normally, no one can touch her without risking vicious bites or scratches, so to let anyone other than myself pet her was quite amazing! If you have a little wild child like her you might want to give it a try. Now the kennel has become her best friend and she doesn't like leaving it! After examining her, it was determined that she either got into a toxin or that she had a stroke. They ran labs, which came back very good and it appears that she most likely had a stroke. This has been extremely difficult for me, as I rescued her when she was just two days old after her mother abandoned her in a ravine, and raised her by hand from a bottle. Yesterday was a particularly bad day and I really didn't think she was going to make it through the night. She is doing better today however, and is holding her head up almost normally now. She still has a great deal of difficulty walking and standing, but will scoot along on her belly to move about. I have been spending as much time as possible with her, and I apologize for any delays in answering your emails. I usually try and ship out the same day I receive payment, but for the next week it may take up to my standard three business days due to caring for her. There is a good chance that she can recover from this, and as always, your prayers would be most appreciated.
On a brighter note, Noodle continues to do much better, and is getting more playful each day. I still have not been able to get a battery for my camera, but as soon as I can, I will put up some new pictures of him so you can see how well he is doing, thanks to all of you. Reggie and the babies are doing well too, although Reggie has been fiercely defending his territory with any other cats that come around! I don't know where they all come from. In the summertime, I often look out the window and see 6 or 7 of them lounging around the pond, like they're over for a party! I doubt they will be doing that this summer though, given Reggie's new attitude! It's times like these that I really wish we had kept them as indoor cats. I had planned on putting some new titles up this week, but have not had the time to scan or write them. I have some great new items that I have unboxed and I will get them up for you soon. As always, we thank you and deeply appreciate the role you have played in saving Noodle. Have a lovely day and pets and hugs to all of your babies!

Warm Wishes,
Suzy

No comments: