Update On Noodle 7/1/2007

Boo Boo Bear and I enjoying the new bed that Auntie Karen made for me. Thank you Auntie!! I love it and I love you too! xoxoxo

A few days after posting my last update, I was cleaning and applying vitamin E to Noodle's incision when I discovered a lump in the lower right quadrant of his tummy. My heart just sank at the discovery and I took him back in to be checked on Saturday. It is difficult to tell whether this is scar tissue, or another lump developing, but to err on the side of caution, we changed his antibiotic and put him on a good vitamin supplement to boost his system. I will be keeping a very close eye on him for the next several weeks for any more signs of development. I'm not a particularly superstitious person, but it seems like every time I post good news, something else happens. Perhaps I'm jinxing it, so from now on, until he is completely better, I will just say that he is continuing to heal in my updates. I have been feeling rather depressed since finding the lump, and Noodle didn't seem to be feeling too well either, so I have not taken pictures yet. I will get some up in the next few days. His incision has healed beautifully, he is finally out of his hat, and today he has been quite active, trying his level best to sneak outside! I have been trying to find him a playmate for some time now to keep him company since he will never be able to be an outdoor cat again. A few weeks ago I located a kitten for him, but I found out Saturday that the litter that I had planned to adopt from are ill and that the mother had passed away. It's very sad because they looked just like Noodle. I was so looking forward to bringing her home to him and we had even named her Maggie Olgita, after the kitten that he had so much fun with over the holidays and two very dear friends of ours. So now it's back to the drawing board. Dr. Skanderra is looking for us too, but no luck yet.
Many thanks to Elaine for adding us to her International prayer chain. Your prayers are so deeply appreciated! As always, my heartfelt thanks for your kind letters and bids on our auctions. Many blessings to you all!

Warmest Wishes,
Suzy and Noodle

No comments: