Update On Noodle 6/7/2007

I just brought Noodle home a few hours ago and he is resting comfortably in his bed. He is still very groggy from the anesthesia, but he came through the operation very well. Dr. Skandera removed a growth the diameter of a grapefruit from his tummy. She did two layers of external stitches with a gauze pack in between because of his reaction to the stitches from his prior surgery, and he is going to have to rest quietly for a while until he can heal. All we can do now is wait for the lab results and keep him as comfortable as possible while he is recovering.
I’m sure that some people wonder why I would go to such lengths to save a cat and indeed, someone even said to me “There are other cats, why don’t you just get another one.” Well, let me start off by saying that there is only one Noodle, a sweet, gentle soul who has filled my life with joy. He is irreplaceable and unique in so many ways! Despite all that he has been through, he has remained the loveable bundle of joy that I have always known. Animals are not disposable because they are sick or have become an inconvenience. They offer us unconditional love and they deserve it in return. I myself have undergone 15 major operations and I am grateful that my surgeons thought that my life was worth saving, even though there were plenty of other humans in this world. I feel blessed to have Noodle in my life, and I will continue to sell books, dolls, or whatever else I can find to provide him with the care that he needs for as long as he needs it. If it turns out that he has cancer, he will be made comfortable to live out the rest of his days surrounded by love. My heartfelt thanks to all of you who have taken this journey with us! May God Bless you all!

Warm Wishes,
Suzy & Noodle

No comments: