Update On Noodle 5/13/2007

Dr. Skandera with Noodle

Noodle has been having a really rough go of it for the past several weeks. I became concerned when there was excessive drainage from the area under his belly, and I reshaved him to have a look. I was devastated to discover a number of areas that had ruptured and literally just broke down and cried! These are the two areas that are still giving him problems. The first is the old wound that would not heal, which goes back almost a year now, before I owned him and was unrelated to his attack. The second is a new area, located towards the base of his incision. Apparently what is happening is that the external areas are healing, but not the underlying infection, which is why I could still feel the lumps underneath the skin. He will have to be on antibiotics for the long term, but the good news is that he should make a full recovery! Many thanks to Kat for her research which helped get to the bottom of this, and also to Viola for the valuable information she provided. Many hugs and Kitty Kisses to you both and to all of you who have written and helped out with your suggestions and bids on our auctions! I will keep you posted on his progress, and when he is feeling better I will post some better pictures for you. These are a few of his latest.

Dr. Skandera & her assistant Christy with Noodle



No comments: